Tuesday 2 June 2009

Happy Gawai Dayak 2009!!!

First of all I would like to greet all our Dayaks friends and families around the world "Selamat Hari Gawai Dayak, Gayu Guru Gerai Nyamai" for year 2009 and year to come.

30/05/2009

Upon arriving from endless trip(a night at Sibu) I finally arrived at my hometown. There are lots of changes every time I come back from anywhere outside Kapit for a period of time. It always come in big surprise packages. I got a new cat and it gave birth to four kittens. Mysteriously, i don't know whose cat is it. My mother told me that the cat just come to our house and decided to stay in our house. How easy is that? Ok, here is the twist. Previously we (since we move to the new house) have a cat and a dog. Both are not the best of friend and you know that. After a couple of years the cat gave birth to 4 little kittens, unfortunately the cat passed  away a few days later. Meanwhile, the dog also gave birth to 3 little puppy. Surprisingly, the dog accepted the kittens and lets it milk from her. Sadly, the kittens follow their mother step(died after a week). Few years later, the dog gave her last breath after my parents arrived from work. Within that day, a cat appeared near our house and automatically become a part of our family(2007). During my study at the institute, I heard the cat also passed away. Within that week a new cat appeared till today. Why does this animals / creatures keeps on coming? Okay this not main topic.

That night I went to the so-called newly opened supermarket(what so super about it anyway) HomeMart at Selirik. About the price?Nothing differs it much than any other shop in Kapit it just like a gimmick to me.

31/05/2009

Okay we depart around 11.30 a.m. to our longhouse located a Nanga Dia, Batang Rajang heading downriver by boat from Kapit town.

Photo session at the wharf with relatives

Small Kapit Town

Along the journey with my two little brothers

Arrived around 12.00 p.m.

Panoramic view of my longhouse

The old tajau probably robbed from the Brooke

My Favourite Classic TV set!!

After taking a break from taking the picture, I decided to help my biological grandmother frying the fish. Here is the facts, both my parent are adopted child since their childhood which means that I have 4 grandfathers and 4 grandmothers how great can that be. It had been 10 years I haven't come back to my beloved longhouse. I can see it on her face, I'm sorry for missing all this time. This time, I'll make used all my energy and my time here to help you and the others. First task, frying the fish. Well it  looks not that bad, while frying it I have a little chat with her and below are the result.

Okay i know what you're thinking. It's not that bad, I overfry it a little bit beside I'm talking with my beloved grandmother at that time. Anyway the fish does taste delicious especially the overfry one.

My biological grandmother sit beside my overfry fish. Sorry...

Okay that evening I walk around the jetty and saw something unusual...

The dog's neck was tied with a plastic bottle is a sentenced for the crime he had done. Crime: Attacking the livestock especially chickens. Found guilty and sentenced for a lifetime with cordial plastic bottle tied under his neck.

Now where would I get a decent mobile phone signal? It's right here near the jetty. There are lots of mobile phones hang on this hut. So would you like to buy used hp sir?

1/06/2009

The drunken master after they had done their chores yesterday night.

The miring rituals as an offering to the Gods for good harvest and life achievement for this year and after.

The offering then placed on top of the window. Sometime they put it on top of teresang.

Everyone eats together at the ruai.

Then I sang Iban songs and everyone doing poco-poco

My little brother taking a break near the jetty

2/06/2009

We take a longboat around 4.10 p.m. to Kapit town. Before that I take a chance to take their picture.

Not many people coming after 1st of June and Kapit town become the haunted town during that time.

Almost completed (probably by end of this year) Kapit Terminal

p/s : First of all would like to express my deepest sorry and forgiveness if I ever hurt anyone especially to those who persistently persuade me to have a sip of tuak. Sorry, I just can't. "Umbas meh" That's all for me.

2 comments from fighter:

Siti Aminah AGMA said...

budak baik ne bleh nyirup tuak kan...xpala cdaknya paham yaa...
uwah besar juak HomeMart ya...erm surut juak air sungei owh, kepak kaki nait tangga yaa...wow hampir siap juak terminal baru ya owh...bgs3 ada kemajuan....

kaiserstan said...

ada masa datang la melawat...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers